Terracon Senior Scientist in Bryant, Arkansas
C onduct environmental research and collection, evaluate data, perform field inspections, and prepare reports. Under general supervision, the position will provide leadership and guidance to ensure quality and growth within local Natural and Cultural Resources services, manage projects for Natural and Cultural Resources efforts within the local Environmental Department, provide support for Regional and National Natural and Cultural Resources endeavors, prepare and provide review of deliverables to ensure quality in accordance with company standards and policies, provide leadership to Natural and Cultural Resources marketing efforts, maintain existing and develop new client relationships, prepare proposals, cost estimates, and reports, and train, mentor and direct field staff, project professionals, and scientists.
We would like candidates to have experience in many of the following areas:
• Wetland and Waterbody Determinations and Delineations pursuant to Section 404 of the Clean Water Act (CWA) and Section 10 of the Rivers and Harbors Act (RHA)
• U.S. Army Corps of Engineers General and Standard Permits
• Wetland and Stream Functional Assessments and Mitigation Plan Development and Design
• Threatened and Endangered Species Habitat Assessments
• Cultural and Archeological Resources Assessments
• National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Assessments and Documentation (Categorical Exclusions, Environmental Assessments, Environmental Impact Statements)
• Biological Assessments
• Natural and Cultural Resource Federal and State Agencies Consultation Requirements
• Statutes including CWA, RHA, NEPA, NHPA, ESA, MBTA, amongst others
• Bachelors of Science degree in biological science or environmental related discipline MS degree preferred, with 4 years’ work experience in a Natural and Cultural Resources Consulting role
• Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS) or Wetland Professional In Training (WPIT) Certification preferred
• GIS experience strongly preferred
Senior Natural Resources Scientist
Regular, Full Time
City, State (Office Location):
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 3,500 employees in 130 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.