Rose International INC SQL Server Developer in Little Rock, Arkansas
Position Title: SQL Server Developer
Position Number: 284644
Location: Little Rock, AR
Desired Skill Set:
PowerShell, VMWare, SQL Server, PERL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, Python
C2C and STEM-OPT are not available
Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.
Role: Server Manager (SA3 SC3)
Start Date: 05/21/2018
End Date: 09/17/2018
Location: Little Rock, AR 72205
The Client's is searching for a SQL Server Administrator to oversee their server environment for a two to three month timeframe.
The System Administrator is responsible for server back up and security, along with performance tuning and capacity planning. System Administrators should possess an understanding of network and distributed computing concepts. This is accomplished by working with the Client's IT Leadership to understand the scope of services to be provided and assessing the impact they will have on the technical infrastructure.
• Must be experience and proficient using Microsoft SQL Server 2012, 2014 &/or 2016
• Must have considerable experience installing, configuring and maintaining Microsoft Office 2010, 2013 &/or 2016
• Must be experienced and proficient using VMware V6.0 or newer
• Must be experienced and proficient using Veeam V9.0 on newer and familiar with Unitrends v9.0 or newer
Roles & Responsibilities
• Solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
• Understands principles of routing client/server programming.
• Manage expectations at all levels: customers/end users, executive sponsors.
• Ensure quality standards are followed.
• Understand the business application of technical support and design in an application development environment.
• Work with the various Infrastructure teams and operations provider to identify the strategic direction of systems management activities.
• Understands the design of consistent network-wide file system layouts
• Maintain strong relationships with employees and various tier two and three support groups.
• Develop plans for disaster recovery/ back up and archiving.
• Manage the daily operations of the systems management team to ensure service levels are being met.
• Manage the systems management team's support issue and backlog.
• Monitor the team's open backlog of support issues and re-assign issues as necessary to ensure they are closed per agreed upon service levels.
• Act as the first level of escalation for high priority support issues.
• Function as the liaison to the various support groups with whom the systems management team interfaces.
• Develop the technical infrastructure maintenance strategy.
• Manage the system management resources.
• Act as a system's management expert.
• Analyze, determine, and document requirements in terms of system management needs and implement them.
• Identify, approve, and prioritize team projects.
• Manages a large site or network.
• Recommends policies on system use and services
• Microsoft SQL Server Administration 2012, 2014 &/or 2016 Required 5 Years
• Installing, configuring and maintaining Microsoft Office 2010, 2013 &/or 2016 Required 5 Years
• Proficient using VMware V6.0 or newer Required 2 Years
• Proficient using Veeam V9.0 or newer Required 2 Years
• Unitrends v9.0 or newer Required 2 Years
• Windows & SQL Server Clustering and/or Always On Availability Groups Required 4 Years
• SQL Server log shipping mechanism Required 5 Years
• SQL Server backup, recovery, business continuity and troubleshooting Required 5 Years
• Scripting and automating solutions using Powershell, Perl, T-SQL, PL/SQL, Python etc. Required 3 Years
• Excellent Communication Skills Required
• Certifications Required
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
(Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)